Thursday, July 5, 2007

Thursday Morning Ramblings

Life as stay at home wife isn't so bad. It gets awfully boring in this back water hick town though. My options for entertainment are the local Wal-Mart, church (HA! Me? In church?) or one of the local bars. Fun stuff. So, here I sit cleaning house and contemplating fighting off the fucking huge ass mosquitoes to mow my yard. Yeah, I think I'll ramble for a bit instead.

I'm a married to a man in the Air Force. For the most part it isn't to different from my life before. We are still in my home town, we don't live on the base and we don't socialize with his co-workers. Though from time to time his enlistment does come trodding into our home life. Less than 3 weeks and he'll be gone for a fun filled 6 month deployment over seas. At least it's not a year long tour right? Though I'm still not happy seeing as how this time around they gave him a helmet cover. He didn't have one of those the last deployment. Hmm...

On the topic of military wives, not to offend the whole populace, but why does it seem that half of the ones I meet are thicker than molasses? Seriously! What.The.Fuck? Did you know that according to one Stepford Wife that juries should be prosecuted for convicting innocent people? Apparently she missed the chapter in her Government class that explains that Jury Duty is not voluntary.

My other favorite quip is the religiously intolerant ones that think that all Muslims are gun toting, woman beating terrorist. Yeah, way to generalize. I could go on and on but I'd end up wanting to paint the wall with my brains. I'm not saying that everyone I've met is ignorant but it does seem that we have more than our fair share.

No comments: