Thursday, July 5, 2007

Religion

I'm not a fan of religion. Raised in the bible belt with the fire and brim stone baptist and not religious? Some how 'the calling' missed me. Despite my grandmother's attempts at dragging me to church, dirty bitch.

There is a church about every 3 blocks here in this town, I shit you not. Sometimes there will be 2 rival churches on opposing street corners. It's ridiculous. They all want you to join them in their house of worship. They litter your car windshields and your home doors with invites to their church. They come around in groups and walk the blocks of homes surrounding their church trying to recruit. It's enough to make a person want to answer the door covered in blood with the anti-Christ symbols drawn on their forehead.

I've had them come to my door and ask me where I thought I'd go if I died today. I know where I'm going to go. I'm going to haunt these ignorant judgemental mother fuckers and laugh as they try to throw holy water at me. How dare they pass judgement on me because my beliefs are different. I've even had some of these dip shits try to "pray" for me on my door step. I don't come to their homes and tell them how stupid they are for believing what they do. I don't litter their yards with anti-religious pamphlets. What is it with these people and their need to try to convert everyone?

My philosophy on life is to live it how you feel it should be lived. Let everyone else worry about their own life. Are you gay? Lesbian? Black? White? Brown? Aethiest? Guess what? I don't care. It doesn't matter. Just don't expect everyone else to think and believe the way you do.

No comments: