Wednesday, September 26, 2007

WarHammer, where have you gone?

Mythic's newest most anticipated game is WarHammer. I've been watching this game grow since 2006. It won Best Fantasy at the 2007 GCLeipzig and WarCry's 2007's Most Anticipated. As a gamer who did her "teething" on Mythic's Dark Age of Camelot, I cannot wait for this game to hit the market. I will be first in line at midnight (thats if my hick town GameStop stays open that late) the day this baby comes out.

I'm seeing a disturbing resemblance to Dark Age of Camelot. There seems to be very little advertising on Mythic's part. I'm an avid gamer. You might find me on America's Army, World of WarCraft, Age of Titans or any other number of freebie low quality PC games. I loved DAoC and would probably still play it if the population were higher. Very few of the up and coming gaming generation have heard of Dark Age or WarHammer. You see spam for WarCraft all the time at places like IGN, GameSpy, Allakhazam. The more popular game websites have very little information at all about WarHammer.

Mythic, I love you, please don't fail on this game. I know people see the videos and think "WarCraft Rip Off", but I know it's not true. Only you could bring us Realm vs. Realm. Only you could bring meaning and true blood lust to Player vs. Player. The excitement, the adrenaline rush. The heated glorifying moment of battle when you know you just won the battle. The keep or castle is yours. Siege weapons and team effort, something those knuckle heads over at Blizzard and WarCraft haven't a clue about. It was so very gratifying to hear the crumble of keep and tower walls when we were playing offensive. It was amazing to look out and see sometimes hundreds of player characters working together. These other guys, they haven't a clue.

No, this isn't some lame charade to try to get a WarHammer beta invite. This is a real plea to the advertisers at Mythic. Please don't drop the ball on this one. This game has the makings to be the greatest MMORPG that PC gamers have ever seen. Plus, I want there to be a large enough population to support my killing sprees. I can't wait to explore the new world that is Warhammer. Now hurry up and send me that beta invite, darn it!

No comments: